Maps:Class 6 Geography NCERT Chapter 4
Key Features of NCERT Material for Class 6 Geography Chapter 4 – Maps
In the previous chapter 3:Motions of the earth,we have studied about earth’s rotation and revolution.In this chapter 4:Maps, we will study about the different directions and the usefulness of a map.
Quick revision notes
A globe can be valuable when we need to examine the Earth in general.
A guide is a portrayal or a drawing of its Earth’s surface or a piece drawn on a level surface as per a scale.
At the point when numerous guides are assembled we, get an Atlas.
Physical guides show characteristic highlights of the Earth.
Political guides show various limits of various nations and states.
Topical guides center around explicit data.
There are three parts of guides—separation, bearing and image.
Separation or Distance
- The scale is the proportion between the genuine separation on the ground and the separation appeared on the guide.
- In the event that you know the scale, you will have the option to compute the separation between any two spots on a guide.
- At the point when enormous territories like landmasses or nations are to be appeared on paper, at that point we utilize a little scope map.
- At the point when a little zone like your town or town is to be appeared on paper, at that point we utilize a huge scope map. Heading
- There are four significant headings, North, South, East and West. They are called cardinal focuses.
- We can discover the heading of a spot with the assistance of an attractive compass.
Images or symbols
- The regular images give a great deal of data in a restricted space.
- The blue shading is utilized for demonstrating water bodies, earthy colored for mountains, yellow for level and green is utilized for fields.
- A sketch is a drawing mostly dependent on memory and spot perception and not to scale.
- A harsh drawing is drawn without scale is known as a sketch map.
- An arrangement is a drawing of a little region for a huge scope.
- There are sure things which we may some of the time need to know, for instance, the length and broadness of a room.
A guide or map is a portrayal or a drawing of its world’s surface or a piece drawn on a level surface as per a scale.
Guides are of various kinds—physical guides, political guides and topical guides.
Physical guides show common highlights of the earth, political guides show urban areas, towns, nations and so forth with their limits and topical guides center around some specific data, for example, maps indicating dissemination of populace.
The three parts of guides are separation, course and image.
A scale is expected to speak to a little separation on paper for an enormous separation on the ground. Accordingly, scale is the proportion between the genuine separation on the ground and the separation appeared on the guide.
A little scope map is utilized to show huge regions like mainlands or nations on a paper.
An enormous scope map is utilized to show a little territory like a town or town on a paper.
There are four significant headings—North, South, East and West, known as cardinal focuses.
There are four moderate headings—north-east (NE), south-east (SE), south-west (SW) and north-west (NW).
Images are utilized to show highlights like structures, streets, spans, and so forth on the guide. By utilizing images we make the guide exceptionally useful.
Guides have an all inclusive language. There is a peaceful accord with respect to the utilization of these images. These are called regular images.
A sketch map is an unpleasant drawing without scale.
An arrangement is a drawing of a little region for a huge scope.
Guide or map: It is a portrayal or a drawing of its world’s surface or a piece drawn on a level surface as indicated by a scale.
Scale: It is the proportion between the genuine separation on the ground and the separation appeared on the guide.
Cardinal Points: The four headings—North, South, East and West—are called cardinal focuses.
Images: To speak to structures, streets, spans, and so forth on the guide we use images. These images are of general essentialness.
Sketch: A sketch is a drawing chiefly dependent on memory and spot perception and not to scale.
Plan: An arrangement is a drawing of a little zone for a huge scope.